I must be honest here and state up front that this book is an excuse for me to get the truth out into the open. I have noticed that there is only one crime book on the list and really cannot believe that nobody is interested in a good murder mystery. I LOVE them. Now, I realise that they are PERHAPS not quite what this blog site is all about, but nevertheless if we all only write about the more 'academic' writing then maybe not much discussion will take place. I could not write a book so I am in awe of anybody who is able to do so. Therefore, I believe any novel is worth a glance and certainly many of the 'airport' books are well worth a read. So, now I have come clean will somebody please join me!
As far as this particular James novel goes - it saddens me to say it but I am disappointed. She is one of my favourite writers but this narrative is definitely not her best. And the end was so disappointing, it could have been written by somebody else.
If you haven't read PD James before do not start with this title.
I confess Crime / Murder-mystery, has not been a genre I have looked at with any great enthusiasm, maybe I should give it another try.
ReplyDeleteAnother missing genre is Science Fiction, which I loved when I was young and gullible.
Hopefully input from new members will widen my reading horizons.