Thursday, September 9, 2010

Behemoth in the Crypt


paintings by Guy Denning
exhibition in the Crypt of St. Martin in The Field, Trafalgar Square, London

A terrific commentary on the deceit and cruelty and immorality of politicians, governments, business, the Church, the law, - in short the people with the power to do good who all to often end up doing evil.
If you are in the area, go and have a look, it is powerful stuff. Running until 19th September.

I want to move people. I want to make them think. I don’t want to produce necessarily beautiful things - things that have got any great conceptual or assumed profundity. I think the strength of all the arts is that they get to people emotionally. There’s not much rigour in a lot of contemporary art. This whole Duchampian concept of “Oh yeah, I’ve put it in a gallery so it’s art” is bullshit.


Read the link to the interview for full info on this amazing artist

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/guy-denning-the-behemoth-in-the-crypt-2044098.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.