Hailing from Scotland's far north, reading was a favoured activity during long winter nights in the good old days before the advent of TV (we were a bit behind the rest of the country - that should give you a clue as to how young I am, not quite into purple hats, but getting there).
I read anything - totally eclectic, with the bonus that my husband is also a reader with different inclinations, so widening the variety even more. If I have to choose a favourite genre it is modern fiction with a preference for female writers. I also love history for its own sake, and the novels or books that stem from it.
I have enjoyed a wealth of travel books mostly covering Central Asia and beyond, where we have enjoyed various trips and we have been lucky to live in both Kazakstan and Azerbaijan.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.