Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mary

Sandra has introduced me to the Blog. Word of Mouth is the first blog I have ever joined. I am living in Baku, Azerbaijan, on the shores of the Caspian Sea. Recently, I have been reading books about this part of the world: The Black Garden by Thomas de Waal, about Nagorno-Karabagh; Bread and Ashes by Tony Anderson about the Mountains of Georgia; and am about to begin Shadow of the Silk Road by Colin Thurbron. Any other suggestions? More later.

1 comment:

  1. Read a great first novel by somebody?? Wendle, a young journalist living in Georgia sometime in the turbulent 90s. Structured around her own experiences and the conversations she had with locals recounting their experiences. Appropriately titled "Stories I Stole" it was very interesting - a fuller, more detailed crit. to follow once I get home to scotland and prompt my memory.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.