an online 'conversation', literary or otherwise, between old friends and new friends
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Alone in Berlin
I bought this as part of the 3 for 2 deal - intended for himself. Think I'll let him get to it first. It will be interesting to hear a male view of this - albeit I may be the conduit. Sounds quite dark.
Afraid my copy is back on the shelf, so I will be standing by with interest to hear if I should progress beyond p.94. Besides a rather 'plodding' narrative maybe exaccerbated by translation, the characters all seemed to be extreme caricatures and very unbelievable, even down to their conversations.
Afraid my copy is back on the shelf, so I will be standing by with interest to hear if I should progress beyond p.94. Besides a rather 'plodding' narrative maybe exaccerbated by translation, the characters all seemed to be extreme caricatures and very unbelievable, even down to their conversations.
ReplyDelete